What's wrong with what we eat?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SSalty, Aug 30, 2008.

1. SSalty

SSalty Team Liquid Force

Here is an interesting video by Mark Bittman:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YkNkscBEp0

Please take 20 minutes to watch this video with an open mind.

I am by no means a vegaterian/vegan, but I am gearing to a more natural diet. I try to limit my meat consumption and focus more on raw vegatables, mostly because they are very alkaline and contain a negative ORP (oxidation reduction potential) Don't get me wrong, nothing beats a thick steak, but I will no longer eat steak 4 days a week. One other thing to concider is MSG. People think MSG is only found in chinese resteraunts/buffets. Go and look in your food pantry and I guarentee you will find that most boxed foods contain MSG (monosodium glutamate). I was shocked when I looked in my pantry. Also, most chips, crackers, peanuts etc.. contain MSG and including most food seasonings. Kind of scary.

SSalty, Aug 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. SSalty

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

MSG is the least of our worries! The growth hormones and steroid that they are pumping into our meats are rediculous! IMO that is the real reason for the obesity epidemic.

RyanG, Aug 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. SSalty

cgoodman381 can i put whtever i want?

'with the amount of animals we kill a year in the us strung together back to back they would go from here to the moon 5 times....'

:lol: animals in space

cgoodman381, Aug 30, 2008
  4. SSalty

SSalty Team Liquid Force

The reason that I stated a "natural diet"

SSalty, Aug 30, 2008
  5. SSalty

jcegt87 Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!

unless you grow your own produce in you backyard nothing is "natural"in the US

jcegt87, Aug 30, 2008
  6. SSalty

Organic foods are natural, not herbacides pesticides unnatural fertalizers are used, only heirloom seeds that arent genetically modified. About as close as you will get these days.

RyanG, Aug 30, 2008
  7. SSalty

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Y'all should see some the snakes and gophers my neighbor killes out of his chicken houses.Those steroids effect everything.

Thats also why we have kinda a community garden growing.All natural.Plus raising our own chickens for eggs and meat.Got a calf about ready to slaughter,and took a hog off a few weeks ago.

yote, Aug 30, 2008
  8. SSalty

SSalty Team Liquid Force

Sorry, I don't agree with you. When buying meat or produce, look for USDA organic certified. Trust me, you can taste the difference. I will never eat meat that isn't hormone and preservative free.

In my line of work, we have been doing ventilation sytems for industrialized hog farms. After seeing how those hogs live I will NEVER eat pork that isn't natural raised. This hog farm spends over $75,000 worth steroids and anti-biotics a year. Some of the hogs are so pumped full of steroids that there muscles grow faster than their bones making it almost impossible for them to walk. I also must share that when a pig is born, their lung capacity decreases by 20% because of the ammonia and hyrogen sulfide being produced by the hogs. It literally burns their lungs. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
    SSalty, Aug 30, 2008
  9. SSalty

Bifferwine I am a girl

And I've been saying this all along...

Even take milk for example. Hormone laden milk (which is any milk you buy that is not organic) has been linked as the cause of girls developing earlier and hitting puberty younger and younger over the last few decades.

Not to mention all of the antibiotics that are pumped into most types of meat.

I have not eaten meat or most dairy since I was 12 years old, and I have no regrets.

Bifferwine, Aug 30, 2008
  10. SSalty

SSalty Team Liquid Force

Good for you biff:Cheers:

SSalty, Aug 30, 2008
  11. SSalty

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

No doubt organics better.Taste wise and healthier.But it also cost nearly double(at least around here).
    Thats why I perfer venison when I can get it.And has anybody ever noticed the difference between a butterball and a wild turkey?
    Life would be so much better if everybody would just grow their own.

yote, Aug 30, 2008
  12. SSalty

RigoSharon LIVING REEFS INTERN

i agree guys!!..mankind was created or evolved to eat only veggies..in them we can find all the nutrients we need for good health...since man tasted meat (cause fat gives that tasty flavor) it got hooked with it..see, for example cows are veggie eatters, we eat its meat...thats recicling the nutrients cow got for herself with extra fat, contaminants, and impurities..since human demand for meat, growth hormones was introduce to speed chicken cow etc growth for demand..causing a lot of medical problems etc..i like meat..thats a fact..but i try to stay on the white side..chicken , fish, ..since red meat fenomenon theres been a huge raise in colon CA, diverticulosis, etc..

RigoSharon, Aug 30, 2008
  13. SSalty

IF I could afford it Id eat white fish every day

RyanG, Aug 30, 2008
  14. SSalty

SSalty Team Liquid Force

My dad swears he can taste the ammonia in industrialized pigs. If you guys would have seen the hog farm we were at you would never eat pork again, unless it is naturaly produced. Hogs that are produced under industrial conditions never see daylight. They are packed in sealed barn and do not have enough room to move. They literally sleep in their own shit. The ammonia level is extremely toxic.

SSalty, Aug 30, 2008
  15. SSalty

cthegame

If you're physically active, eating only vegetables will not suffice. Also, i blame obesity on processed sugars & fried foods, not hormones or unorganic foods.

Cut sugars from your life, its your worst enemy.

cthegame, Aug 30, 2008
  16. SSalty

Bifferwine I am a girl

The obesity epidemic occurred in this country at the same time that sodas became widely consumed and popular.

Bifferwine, Aug 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question