Whats your oldest inhabitant?

Ogaawd

Reefing newb
Over the years Ive killed a boat load of fish and a smallish reef worth of corals, fortunatly for the ocean I have learned to not buy certain things any more, I have a Donut coral that was my first coral its got to be 16 yrs with me, my Saebae is at least 10 yrs old and its clowns are about 7
Garage001-2.jpg

Tracy004.jpg

Here's a pic of my oldest inhabitant...Have had this baby since yesterday!...

No, just kidding....Had her and her (alleged) mate when my tank stopped cycling Nov. 2009. They're boring, but they're mine.:D

Attachments

• ClownAttack.jpg
    ClownAttack.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 334
  • Clown1.jpg
    Clown1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 309
  • Clown2.jpg
    Clown2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Clown3.jpg
    Clown3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 277
  • clownhost2.jpg
    clownhost2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 298
  • ClownBlenny.jpg
    ClownBlenny.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I set up my first saltwater tank in 2000. For fish in that tank, I had (among others): a female tomato clown, a yellow tang, a yellow tailed damsel and two pajama cardinals. Other fish from the original tank have since died, and I've since added fish to my current tank, but those original five fish are still in my tank today!

I set up my first saltwater tank in 2000. For fish in that tank, I had (among others): a female tomato clown, a yellow tang, a yellow tailed damsel and two pajama cardinals. Other fish from the original tank have since died, and I've since added fish to my current tank, but those original five fish are still in my tank today!

Thats a remarkable achievement! although the Tomato is probably just too mean to die lol

Nah, I bought her a little boy toy tomato about 5 years ago. He was about 1" long when I got him. It took them 4 years to bond, and they have laid eggs every 10 days since. He is still 1" long!!

doing anything special with feeding for the Mandarin? they are on my do not destroy list

well the hardest thing is getting them to eat regular foods so id say say dont put themin a new tank about 5 or 6 month old tank at least, my mandarin eats just about everything that floats, but when i first got him he got super skinny than suddenly one day hestarted eating more and more

normally they can be real hard to get to eat but once they aclimate to other foods as long as you feed them often they stay healthy

things have come a long way in a short time, back in the day just about none of the super foods were available and losses were really high

Back