whats your opinion

ltljoker

The Great Tang Herder
what do you guys think of the vlamingi tang:question:. As most of you know I am a huge tang lover. So do you think its as nice a looking fish:sfish: as most of the other tangs or is it just blah:shock:

I love my vlamingi, there great because they will change colors as they mature to, giving you a bit of variety.

Great personality and very friendly. I vote YES vlamingi :)

Attachments

• august 043.JPG
    august 043.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 238
  • august 144.JPG
    august 144.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
I would be concerned about if the size of your tank is adequate. Biff had to get rid of hers because her 240/218 was too small. Alexander has one too; he says he will upgrade too. Just something to consider.

ok this is my personal FAVORITE fish! i'll tell you one. my vlamingi loves me and i love him. his name is woody. every time i get near the tank he approaches me i move right .. he moves right.. i move left.. yup he moves left.. i feed sea weed, yup you guessed it he eats it out of my hands.. i've gone as far as sticking my hand in and petting him.. ! it's amazing.. so yeah if you have doubts.. DONT. get one.

check out my forum MarineGeek.com - Thank you!

Mrs.Geek

My vlamingi, Jill, did outgrow my 240. She was over a foot and a half long when I had to get rid of her :( They grow huge, so buyer beware. But they are super awesome fish for sure.

If you know anything about me you have undoubtedly read my love for vlamingi tangs and how jack is the coolest fish ever. And how they are hands down my favorite fish. They can live to be 35 years old. I would grab one as a juvenile. It will save you money and buy you years before you will need to upgrade. Jack is slightly cramped in my 180 but still very happy and he is ten-ish from what I know. I do know this, I will never have a 6 foot or larger tank without a vlamingi unless its a ceph tank.

The way you all describe them it's sounds more like a dog or cat. I wish I had a tank large enough for one. I would so love it. :(

well guys you all talked me into it so I went out and picked her up. I am now the proud owner of a vlamingi tang. Sjhe is in qt right now so for a couple of days i wont be able to watch her. But on sunday ill post some pics of her and the new green bubble i just got. thanks for all your input.

Congratulations #1. I can't wait until you post pictures. I'm wondering which of my 3 Tangs I could knock off so I too could get one. :shock: :mrgreen:

I will generously take the purple off your hands to help the cause:mrgreen:. I know how difficult of a decission it is to get rid of one :frustrat:so this way you know it will be taken care of:Cheers:

I know its purdy thats why i say i would take it. I would also take the atlantic.:mrgreen: im not too picky when it come to tangs.:bowdown: Im looking to get a unicorn tang and a naso blonde in the near future:Cheers:

That would be very cool. I wouldnt mind one of every kind myself. Ill just have to settle with the more popular ones :mrgreen:

the purple tang is one that i have been thinking of getting for my tank but i just dont know yet. i think tangs are some of the best fish you can get.

Back