When and where are the Frag Purchasing Support Group Meetings?

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
I had to go to LFS today and get tubing and water. All the way there I practiced saying, "I will not buy a coral or a fish, I will not buy a coral or a fish, I will not buy a coral or a fish....." Well, I didn't buy a fish! I guess didn't buy A coral either. I should have said, any corals. That guy might as well have been selling chocolate. I'll post photos when they're out of the bag.

Catherine

I'm not good with holding hands, that requires touching. Remember the whole hug thing.

Ummm, I think what you meant to say was :HELP!: I have issue's :mrgreen:

Let's try this again :nono: .

LMAO at you. Sometime's lessons are learned best when learned the hard way. Hopefully the stuff you got will survive. If anything is an SPS I doubt it will. But if you just got mushrooms and softies I think your fine. Now I can't wait to see what you name the stuff:D.

Soooooo, what did cha get??

We've got one named already. Here's a shot in the bag
new-frags.jpg

TVNCG said they were great for my tank. Hope he's right.

Catherine

Looks like some mushrooms and ric's. They should be ok.

:lol: I knew you'd name them :lol:

Nice green on th shrooms too.

BTW, corals don't need to be aclumated. Just float the bag long enough for the temp to match your water. Only fish & inverts need to be. Ric's and shrooms will be fine once the water is about the same. I float about 20 min and place them into the tank.

Last edited:
Cant say you wasnt warned.:D It gets in your blood,and its hard to NOT buy.
But I got to disagree with Stu on acclimating corals.They should be acclimated just like any thing else.

Cant say you wasnt warned.:D It gets in your blood,and its hard to NOT buy.
But I got to disagree with Stu on acclimating corals.They should be acclimated just like any thing else.

Really why??

None of us around here have ever done that. And I've never lost a coral yet.

Mainly because of the difference in salinity between my LFSs water and my tank water.Since I help the store part time,I know the salinity in the coral tanks is usually around 1.023 to 1.024.And my salinity stays a constant 35ppt.
I've actually killed a few corals by not acclimating them to the difference in salinity.

I did it anyway, who wants to take a chance on loosing 20.00? I found a nice spot for JoJo, the green one. The other one keeps getting moved. I'm finding myself placing these so I can take good photos, there has to be something wrong with that!

Catherine

OHHHH, I forgot the coolest news, TVNCG is getting ready to put his stuff on the web and needs LOTS of photos! Ka-ching! Catherine gets to trade photograpy for stuff from the LFS!!!!

OHHHH, I forgot the coolest news, TVNCG is getting ready to put his stuff on the web and needs LOTS of photos! Ka-ching! Catherine gets to trade photograpy for stuff from the LFS!!!!

Cant beat that with a hickory stick.:D I donate time at the store for credit.Thats how I got my current 75 and all the fish and corals.Got my 125 with store credit,plus all my test kits,salt,sand.

Mainly because of the difference in salinity between my LFSs water and my tank water.Since I help the store part time,I know the salinity in the coral tanks is usually around 1.023 to 1.024.And my salinity stays a constant 35ppt.
I've actually killed a few corals by not acclimating them to the difference in salinity.

Yote your the first person I've ever heard have that happen. Our LFS's here do the same thing, ,most of them are around 1.020 some at 1.019 and none of us have ever had a coral die like that. Not that I'm arguing the point, just stating the differacnes. It doesn't hurt to acclimate them, just we don't and our LFS don't either.

My LFS dont acclimate corals either.But I also like to dip new corals in Lugols solution for about 30 minutes before I add them to my tank.
Guess I'm just particular:D

i don't acclimate softies either just temperature acclimate. i acclimate fish and inverts, but maybe lps or sps should acclimate since sps are tender corals.

That bubble thing on the rock? That's bubble algae. You'll want to get it out of the tank as soon as you can, before it spreads. You can do this by removing the bubble itself using a pair of tweezers. Be careful not to pop it in the tank; that just spreads the spores.

UHH Biff.I think Catherine was talking about her new coral:D
I'm thinking like Stu.Looks like a Hairy Mushroom.And nope,there not bad.

Back