When can i get a clam or leather coral?

Clams are a bit harder. I don't know anything about your tank, but as long as it has stable perameter and they have been stable for some time you should be alright. The leather on the other hand is very hardy.

also i read somewhere that clams a re pretty good at eating your nitrates so if they are up and you want them at zero then get a clam

I have heard of people using the feeder clams you get from the asian for that. Don't know if the pretty ones do. I do know that they take up alot of calcium and alk, so keep an eye on that.

You can get a leather, they're practically indestructible. When it shrivels up, don't worry, they do that and come back good as new.
A clam needs stable parameters and super bright lighting, and no nipping fish like angels or butterflies. They also feed on live phytoplankton in addition to light.

I have 6-39 watt T5's with individual reflectors over my 46g bow front.
Is that enough light?

I have 3 ATI Blue+ bulbs along with one ATI Pro Color coming in on monday.
These will replace some of the crappy generic actinics and one of the 10,000k bulbs i have now.

Dennis, you're in my general neighborhood. We might want to get a frag swap started here in this area.

CMOS

Have you checked out www.marshreef.com?
LOTS of frags selling and trading in the Houston area.
Sometimes there are actual meets and others just post what they have the buy/sell forum. Become a member for only $30 a year and you get access to the members only buy/sell area where you can get discounted prices or first dibs. And some of the local sponsors also offer discounts to members in their stores.

Back