when is the best time to feed my corals?

Cheeser

I Love Reefer
i been feeding about every 3 or 4 days and ill rotate between microvert, zooplex, chromaplex, and coral accel.
what i was wondering is when is the best time of day?
should i feed in the middle of the day when theyve had some good light already and are gonna be getting some more light?
or should i feed them later at night when im gonna turn off the lights soon?
or maybe when i turn off the white and just leave on blues?

I do it a couple hours before lights out, but others do it differently to fit their schedule. I think once you decide, sticking to it is more important than when. I do believe it should be during the day with a couple hours of.light before or after dark, but I could be wrong.

I feed mine right before lights out. Just because that's convenient for me. I don't think it really matters with the planktonic food. With meaty foods, it's usually better to feed after it's dark, because that's when coral will extend their feeding tentacles.

i have a frogspawn, a hammer, a colt, pipe organ, a flowerpot....gorgonia...xenias...a brain... some shrooms.. and polyps

The frogspawn, hammer and brain will take meaty foods. The same stuff you would feed your fish.

The flowerpot will need smaller food, like Cyclopeeze, plankton or daphnia.

The rest don't need to be fed.

should i turn off my skimmer while feeding liquid foods if its a hang on?
i usually turn off the pump and just leave the powerheads going.
i dont want my skimmer to push up all the food.

So Frogspawns need to be fed? Mine usually seem pretty much dormant after dark; I've never noticed any sweeper tentacles.

Back