When it Rains, it Pours!!!

I should have checked things out and changed those check valves. I just thought something was wrong with my pumps. Very stupid mistake.:frustrat:

Don't beat yourself up too much David. It happens to the best of us. No matter how dilligent we think we are with our tank maintenance, sometimes we miss something. You can spend days thinking about all the past should've, could've, would've's and it won't change anything about the present. You're keeping your chin up and marching along, which is an awesome attitude to have!! :Cheers: We will all look forward to your re-build thread! I think we all feel some of your pain and loss, but we're here for you to lean on.

Wow Dave, Im really sorry that this happened....and that Im just finding this. Glad to see that you are staying in.

Just a note on the zero edge. I think you will be very hard pressed to get the flow needed to keep SPS unfortunately.

I think Ryan is right about keeping SPS in that tank David.But you had an awesome setup before,and you'll have an even better setup this go round.Just take your time with it and think about stuff you WISH you had done the first time.

It's been about 3-4 weeks since the disaster. Most everything on the rocks has died off and I am now fighting the Red algae plague. This is much harder than when I started up without anything. What a mess. I spent all afternoon cleaning and blowing stuff off the rocks with the turkey baster, but this is what it looked like earlier.

It may not be much but, at least it's holding water. I'm sure in a few more weeks it'll be all cleared up.

is that cyano in there? I know you're probably not ready for a cuc yet ... but, I went away a few months ago and left my tank in someone elses care for two months. When I got back not only was my refugium covered in cyano, there was a film of cyano on top of the water. I sucked a lot of it out but, I dropped a few blue leg hermits, cerith and nerite snails and it was all gone within a week. Just something to think about, if you have trouble getting it all out.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn...that's rough, David. But keep up with the progress...it'll be back to its full glory!

Maybe we should all clap our hands really hard and believe Tinkerbell will show up and sprinkles happy dust on it and make it all better! :D

Oh man, I'm kinda surprised you didn't just empty it out and start over. Would be a lot of money though, so i hope this clears up for you, and sooner rather than later!

I still can't believe how sad that looks. :(

Just found this thread. My heart goes out to ya man. It's awful. I'm choked up just reading the thread. :faint: So sorry for the loss of life and the damage to your home. Heartfelt sorrow for ya man.

Look on the bright side David.You're at least headed in the right direction with the tank.Just gotta work through all the algae cycles again.

Glad things are starting to get better for you David. I was just thinking about this thread last night. Hopefully the algae will run it's course quickly.

David, have you thought about accelerating things by removing all rock, getting rid of all that old sand (and it looks like a DEEP sandbed with i'm sure a whole lot of nasty stuff in it), replacing with about 1.5" of fresh live sand and then putting the rock back in? I'm sure that sand bed is NOT helping your recovery.

Thank you Chris. I was most sad about the 5 Acans I got from you. :(

Sounds like they all got fried by the lights and lack of water .......... :bye2: So sorry man.

I had to show this thread to Michelle this morning and she started crying when she looked at the pictures. We both shed a few tears for you. It's just awful. My heart aches for ya. It just hurts to see it happen to such a good person.

You've got a lot of will power and determination, David. I REALLY respect and admire you for not giving up. :bowdown: :Cheers:

That's really nice of you Wade, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I have an Angelfish (Emperor) that was a baby when I got him in my RSM which is way too small now! I gotta get him out of there soon. I may just make it a FOWLER for a while with Tangs and Angelfish.

Could I order some things from you later when I decide? No sense in giving Biff extra corals, she's already got way to many ! :mrgreen: :lol:

I really appreciate your generosity and I'm not saying I don't want anything, but I need to make some decisions first!

Back