Where did my pods go?

EliWhitney314

Phish Head
I had hundreds of pods, but now I don't see them on the glass? Could the snails be eating them? Or maybe it was the pest anemone? Or maybe they are eating the algea on the sand bed and that is why I don't see them? What do you guys think? I guess I need to buy some test kits tomorrow.

Pod populations are affected by lots of things, including water quality and food supply. I would do your tests to make sure everything is in line. If so, I would say they have run out of food. Add some food and you'll see an explosion in the population of them.

What have they to eat them? I would put a small amount of flake or pellet food in there. Not too much to effect your water quality though.

Don't worry about your pods. Even if it seems like they've disappeared, you've still got a few in there, and that's all you need. Their population will come and go with the food supply, but they will never be totally gone unless you use some sort of medication or a tank crash happens.

Damsels, dottybacks, wrasses and other fish will decimate your pod population. After I took my 6line out my pods went nuts.

There is no need to feed your pods. they are scavengers that eat algaes as well as detritus. I would not put phyto in the tank to feed them, you will risk crashing your tank. as Biff said your pods are still in there.

Back