Where do I get live rocks?

Tristan

Detritus
I live in Guam, and i had just started my tank a week ago. The problem is that i don't know where to get live rock. Foster and Smith company doesn't ship here, and some other sites dont even have shipping info on it. Anyone know where i can get some live rocks?
Thanks!

Guam is a territory of the US.

Pet shops on Guam are LAME! they have nothing but damselfishes!

Guam is a tropical island with so much beautiful fish and coral, but the thing is that it's illegal and strongly enforced to take anything from our ocean. I try to find some people who keep saltwater aquariums, but no luck here.

It's just ironic that i live on a tropical island but im limited to damsel fish and hermit crabs. :roll:

thanks hopefully they do.

i have another question: if i order it from there and it would probably take a week or 2 to ship to guam, would everything on the rock die by then?

Yep. Usually they will only ship live rock overnight or 2-day. Have you thought of getting dead (dry) rock instead? That way you'd only need a couple pieces of live rock to seed it with.

Yes the beneficial bacteria and all the other good things spread through the rest of the rocks and sand. Eventually, you wont be able to tell the differance between the two.

Brian

I think I would take a casual swim with a little hammer and take a few pieces to seed the other rock. Maybe have som rock on the beach?

I think I would take a casual swim with a little hammer and take a few pieces to seed the other rock. Maybe have som rock on the beach?

I would get in pretty big trouble for doing that. the island i live is full of limestone that wouldnt be illegal to take from, but would there be any way to cultivate it at the beach and then take it back without going to jail?

I would get in pretty big trouble for doing that. the island i live is full of limestone that wouldnt be illegal to take from, but would there be any way to cultivate it at the beach and then take it back without going to jail?

Im only talking a few pebbles in your pocket, not a wheelbarrow full....all you need is some good color on the rock and it will spread.

I would think there would be dry rock all over the island. After all it was underwater a long time ago and rock was probably everywhere.

You're right it is a very ironic situation.

i know you can also make your own dry rock, i thought i had the link saved but maybe someone else does, but you would still need to seed it. maybe you can find someone to ship you some peices?? idk

Back