Where do i plug all this stuff in at.

navyguyame

Reefing newb
I am in a rented town home about to set a 75 gallon tank when it dawned on me there is only one plug. How do you guys get around this. I cannot just modify the house because it is not mine. What do i do will the 2 plugs be enough.

You should invest in a really good power surge strip. I have one with 10 plugs and surge surpression. They even have them with timers so you can set your lights to come on and off automatically.

A single plug should be enough, you'll just need the power strip as Amber suggesetd. Even if you had more than one plug in the room, they would all be on the same circuit - meaning it wouldn't matter if everything was plugged into one outlet or 20. For the most part, a standard 15a circuit can handle up to 1800watts. You'll simply want to make sure that you don't have any other large appliances on the same circuit.

Pickup a surge protector and I'd get an American DJ PC-100a power bar, it's a life saver, no more unplugging things and plugging them back in... Just flip a switch.

Pickup a surge protector and I'd get an American DJ PC-100a power bar, it's a life saver, no more unplugging things and plugging them back in... Just flip a switch.

Sounds like a commercial...

"Are you tired of having to constantly unplug thing? Just buy American DJ PC-100a power bar and bwala! No more plugging wires in and out, just flip a switch and it's done!"

"As low as $9.99 + 19.99 shipping and handling!"

Sounds like a commercial...

"Are you tired of having to constantly unplug thing? Just buy American DJ PC-100a power bar and bwala! No more plugging wires in and out, just flip a switch and it's done!"

"As low as $9.99 + 19.99 shipping and handling!"

BUT WAIT!!!! If you call now we will send not one but TWO!!

I surge protector is a must have in my opinion. You never know if you're going to drop the lights in the tank and zap yourself. Better safe than sorry.

i have purchased two of these [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-31610-Protector-9-Outlet-6-Foot/dp/B0036DEC48/ref=pd_sim_e_7]Amazon.com: Stanley 31610 Surge Protector 9-Outlet Power Strip with 6-Foot Cord, Black: Home Improvement[/ame] they will fit on the back of the tank stand so everything will be nice and neat. and i have timers for the light. I am in the process of putting together a fan system to keep the heat from the lighting down.

Back