Where do I put circulation pumps

Locash

Reefing newb
I have a 60 gal tank with a 500 Gph and a 750 Gph pump at each end. The pumps are mounted about 6 inches below the water line at opposite ends of the back wall and are directed slightly down and pointed so they hit the front about 1/3 from each end. There is a dead spot under the 750 where a patch of cyano grows on the sand bed and a crater in the sand up front where the flows come together. Are there any rules for this? I don't want to keep moving them around and disrupting the sand bed.

In my 36 bow front I am running two 500 gph pumps on a wave maker each pump runs for 20 seconds and is off for 20 seconds. The pumps are positioned on the side walls toward each other one aimed upwards to create surface agitation the other aimed downward which causes the sand to move slightly without pushing the sand around.

You don't want your pumps to dig a hole you just want the sand to rock back and forth. Your pumps are too strong to be on the back glass IMO.

I have a 55 gallon and have one at each end as you do. I have one pointed slightly upwards and towards the back to agitate the surface. The other one I have pointed towards the far front corner kind of level. I seem to get pretty good flow but there are a few spots I'm sure not getting enough. I also adjust mineslightly every month or two.

I have a 55 gallon and have one at each end as you do. I have one pointed slightly upwards and towards the back to agitate the surface. The other one I have pointed towards the far front corner kind of level. I seem to get pretty good flow but there are a few spots I'm sure not getting enough. I also adjust mineslightly every month or two.

That's a good practice to change the flow around every month or two. I do the same. Shift the pumps up or down and front to back in the tank.

Back