Where do you get your H2O for inital setup?

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Getting more and more excited about the 150 I'm getting Monday. Just curious what you guys do for inital setup with a tank >50g. Total volume is around 250g...so it's going to take a lot of trips to get some water.

Does Wal-Mart/HEB at the refillable centers work? It's 75 cents for 5g at HEB I think. Just a ton of back and forth trips, lol.

This would be a great time to get a RO/DI system. Install a T valve before the DI and you will also have yourself some good drinking water.

I have a RO/DI system already. Forgot to mention that. It's a 100g per day I think. So I don't want to use that for my initial. It'll take too long! Lol.

Well you asked what we do. That's what I do. Just run a line right to the tank and let it fill up over a few days. :)

If you don't have the patience for that, you're in trouble. :lol:

Who said I didn't have the patience? Some of us work a lot over the week and would prefer to get a tank filled in its entirety on a day we have off.

Appreciate you saying what you do as that was the question asked. Personal commentary, unless constructive, really doesn't have a place in this hobby.

Thanks Dennis. Integrating a new computer system at the hospital so I've been pulling 80-100 hr work weeks. Totally blows! The extra cash will come in handy with this tank after cycle. Btw. Saw your new tank. Looks beautiful!

Back