Where to buy 175W double ended MHs

squibley2

Reefing newb
Is it just me or does nobody have the double ended 175W Metal Halides? I have been looking and it doesn't seem like anyone carries them.

Double check and make sure what you need is a 175 DE bulb... To the best of my knowledge the 175s are only screw in and the DE come in (150, 250, 400).

Brandon

ODYSSEA is the only manufacturer of 175watt DE bulbs after doing some looking into it.

Man sucks for you as far as options.

Yep only ODYSSEA makes that bulb,I have seen them on ebay also.ODYSSEA will usually over rate the output of there transformers.So in realality the out put is really 150 watts.Whe I had there PC light I checked out the 65 watt output and it was really 55 watts.This being said you might try a more common 150 watt de bulb

I dont' think the connectors on the ends of the DE bulbs are the same across all wattages... so you might want to make sure a 150 will fit in the 175, but if it will i would agree that would probably work just fine.

bkv1997 said:
I dont' think the connectors on the ends of the DE bulbs are the same across all wattages... so you might want to make sure a 150 will fit in the 175, but if it will i would agree that would probably work just fine.
Good call,but think there bulbs are really 150 watt branded as 175 watt

Well as it turns out after 2 months the company says they are sending my money back so I need a new light. I have found this instead what do you think?

squibley2 wrote on 08/18/2006 04:32 PM:
Is there any mounting hardware or not? How did you have the mounted? Would you do 250 shipped to 60107?
The bulbs are only 3 months old on eballast is 6 month sth eother is less then 2 months old. There are no dimesnions you can moun tthem how you want up to 72 inches apart
squibley2 wrote on 08/18/2006 02:59 PM:
Where are you located? How old are the ballasts? What are the dementions of the unit?

Just halides but if you get 14000k bulbs you don't need actinic and my 10000k bulbs are only 4 months old so you could sell them
squibley2 wrote on 08/15/2006 02:05 PM:
Is it just the MHs? I was looking for something that had the actinics on it as well.

I have a dual 250 watt mh complete with ballast 4 month old bulbs an drefelctors for 250.00 if your interested

Thanks

He is going to do the 2 of them for 230 shipped.

Back