Where to get a good master kit?

BCReefer

pro stoner, newb reefer
Hi all,
I need a good set of test kits for my 55gal reef tank. I have the ph and nitrate tests, and i had amonia and nitrite but its dried up and i never had anything over 0 anyway. I also have an old Kh one as well that seems to work. Ph stays around 8.1-8.2, nitrates tend to stay below 10 ppm with water changes, Kh is 8.

I'm thinking i needa pick up calcium, magnesium and phosphates. Anything else?

I have a cladiella, finger leather, toadstool and mushrooms, 5 small fish, around 20 crabs, 15 snails. The cladiella doesn't like water changes. Tap water here has a ph of 6 or something and it drops the tank ph a bit much in water changes. I'm hoping that's it but maybe something im not testing for? And there's a bit too much algae for my liking but i'm gonna go get a couple turbos on the weekend.

Im pretty sure i can live without trites and ammonia tests, and ive had phosphates checked at the store and havent had issues. How much do i need all the tests i dont have? Would it be better to buy a master test kit or individually?

And where's a good place to buy these? They all seem pretty expensive...

Thanks for all the help :D

Api has a nice master kit, you can get online from dozens of places. You should really stop using tap water if you can, and the natural ph of tap water should be around 7.0, which will continue to lower your tanks ph. If all you have are soft corals, no need to really test for alkalinity, calcium and magnesium, they'll replenish and balance out with your scheduled water changes. :)

Back