Where to get shirts from? VOTE!

Would you be willing to pay extra to be able to pick all your own options?

• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Re: T-shirts -- VOTE fabric

I still vote that we put the top design, well, the top 3 designs at cafepress.com or zazzle.com that way we all can pick the shirt style and fabric we all want. We can order anytime, 24/7 any day of the year. I think we will have way more sales which will generate more cash to make up for cafepress' cut. JMO

C

Biff, you make very good points. It is cheaper, you say 10.00 per shirt. I think it is worth the extra money for a lot of reasons, not just the price. I think being able to order any type of clothing item, bumper sticker, tote bag, coffee mug..... whatever, is worth it. I also think it would be cool to pick the top 2-3 designs and place them there so people could have more of a choice would be cool. Another thing is the color and fabric of the shirt and design. Some people had problems with the pastel colors and they would be able to change them if they wished. The biggest reason I think this is worth it is the convenience. In one hour we could have the design up and ready for people to order. We don't need to send you our money have you put in the order and then wait for you or someone else to accept the money, place the order and then wait for them to be ready so you can figure out who gets which size, package them and mail them out. No only is that a burden for you time wise but what if someone is late sending you their money, then we all have to wait however long for everyone to send in their funds, or what if you mixed up the sizes or the addresses? What if I want to get a Living Reefs dog shirt for Wally next Christmas because I got Dennis as my secret santa? If the shirt design was on one of those sites, I could do that. In my opinion, it would be so much easier for everyone, we would have more options and not burden any one member of our site with the responsibility of accepting funds and distributing shirts that it would be worth more than an extra 10.00 per item. I will 100% respect how we decided to do this and I will participate fully with the outcome. I plan to order a shirt for each member of my family! Putting together t-shirts was originally my idea so I feel I have the right to voice my opinion. Don't fuss, we can agree to disagree here, I was simply presenting my idea. Thank you.

Here's a question, can we do both? Place the design at cafepress or zazzle AND have you make an order? Maybe we can put the #2 design there and do the group order for the #1 design? Just asking, not trying to make trouble.....

Catherine

Biff, I very much appreciate you doing this. I didn't see the vote for the prices or I would have brought these points up then. PLEASE know, I very much appreciate all of your very hard work on this! I don't want you to put your own money up for this endeavor. In my many years of life, I have been the t-shirt person for many, many groups. This was before the internet. I've been in charge of Brownies, Girl Scouts, Art Club, Photography Club shirts, etc. many, many times. I can tell you every time, no matter what I did or how diligent I was about the money and such I always ended up getting screwed financially. I appreciate your time and energy and I know what a pain in the butt this can be. It is absolutely unacceptable to me that you are going to incur the responsibility for this both in time and finances. If the funds are going to go to the running of this site then Ian should be the responsible party for this endeavor. I've done what your going to do a million times and I feel that people just don't understand the time and effort your are going to have to put into this. If they did, they would be willing to pay a few extra dollars to help save you the time and effort.

Catherine

See Catherine's posts above for details.

There are 3rd party sites online that I can submit the t-shirt design to. These sites will allow you to customize the shirt design, i.e. you can pick the kind of fabric you want, the background fabric color, the design colors, and you can also have the design printed on things other than t-shirts (such as tote bags, mugs, kids' clothing, etc.). Another plus is that you would get your gear on demand, as soon as you ordered it, and I could also submit, for example, the top 3 designs for shirts instead of just the winner, so you'd get a choice if you prefered one of the other ones. You wouldn't have to wait for me to mail it out to you, and you could also order LR gear from that site year-round. I have looked into pricing, and the t-shirts appear to cost, on average, about $10 more through a site like this, than if I ordered a batch of shirts in bulk. But you do get the option to customize your order, and it simplifies things on my end, since I don't have to handle and coordinate a large shirt order and individually mail all the shirts out from my house.

Would you be willing to spend extra for your Living Reefs gear if it was handled through a 3rd party website?

Last edited:
Dennis, you don't wear thongs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEYrhNuBlmY]YouTube - Dirty Jobs-Thongs and Painted Toenails[/ame]

wow, i woulda thought everyone woulda seen that one by now...

i say lets bulk order the #1 design, and then have the top 3 on cafepress...

Back