Where to go from here...

Humuhumununu

Reefing newb
I have a decent amount of fish in my aquarium, which is a 130g. I have 17 species with three tangs and a big foxface. I was thinking of adding a Longnose Hawkfish, a single Blue Chromis, three Bartlet's Anthias, or Blue-Eyed Cardinals. Any thoughts? Again it cannot be a tang, or anything big. Preferably reef safe.

If he has a large sump underneath the bio load of 17 fish wouldnt be that bad in a 130g. Im sure there is plenty of swimming room.

im going with chichimom on this one. If I had 17 fish that were doing ok at the moment, I would be very hesitant to put another stress on my stock. I think 17 fish would be very expensive to replace, heaven forbid something was introduced. but if I were to choose id go with a long nose.........

I always thought there really wasn't a limit on the number of fish you could have but rather can you tanks natural bio cycle filter the number of fish you have in the tank?

Its the stess. Think of an amusement park crowded in line waiting for the ride. When you get home you wanna stretch out your legs, your fish will be unable to do that(because they dont have legs)! How bout that flu this year? It just kept coming back..... I hope that helps

Besides the tangs and foxface, he biggest fish after that is a 3 inch long wrasse, plus my sterilizer, filtration, and protein skimmer can handle it. As for the "amusement park line", he fish all occupy different levels in the water column. 5 of those species are younger gobies, a jawfish, and a blenny. Crowding is not going to be an issue as long as you account for he territory the fish occupy. Main reason for the hawkfish. He mainly perches, so he won't be a problem.

Back