Where to place equipment in a hexagon.

EliWhitney314

Phish Head
Where should I place the powerheads, live rock, etc? I was told not to place the live rock against the back wall. Any help would be great guys. haha

Every tank is different.

There is nothing wrong with rock touching the back glass as long as there is enough room for water movement behind it.

You can hide the heater behind some rock so that it isnt as noticable. As for the power heads, those are going to have to be placed and rearanged after you stock the tank. Some corals require high flow and others require low flow.

Brian

Do not create holes/caves in the rock with only one opening. These will become detritus traps. Better to aquascape so that you have good flow under the rock. I actually have a Koralia partially hidden in the back the blows water under the rock.

You should have seen my 30H when I first set it up with 61lbs of live rock. It was touching both ends and the back wall in "numerous" places. :lol:

This is only about 49lbs. At one point, I took several small pieces out and put 12lbs in the 10g frag.

Attachments

• PIC_0010.jpg
    PIC_0010.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
They are doing much better and I think they are close to !00%. I'll try to get some pictures ASAP. I've got relatives in town this week so...... ugh!
When are you going to have some frags available?

I have frags right now. The 10g frag is still operational until the 29g finishes the cycle.

I have lots of zoas and polyps right now. I do have an India Acan and a couple blue candy cane or trumpet corals. I get those two mixed up. I really don't know what they are, sky blue LPS and they look like trumpets or candy canes to me. I have one fuzzy green mushroom and a couple Superman mushrooms.

Last edited:
Back