where to place powerheads in a 29 bc

tp1011

Reefing newb
im putting in two 450gph power heads in my 29 bc today and i wanted some input
from you guys as to where to place them in the tank.

I know some of you will say that is not a enough flow but, compared to what I have
in there now witch is the stock return pump and a 66 ghp (yes 66) i think this will
make a big difference.

Thanks

You can try placing them opposite from each other on the side glass panes, angled towards the front a lil. One can be angled towards the water surface slightly, and the other towards the bottom slightly.

+1 smitty. Also have your pump return tilted up towards surface. Honestly i think thats alot of flow, and i agree with you, watch your corals and make sure they open all the way

im putting in two 450gph power heads in my 29 bc today and i wanted some input
from you guys as to where to place them in the tank.

I know some of you will say that is not a enough flow but, compared to what I have
in there now witch is the stock return pump and a 66 ghp (yes 66) i think this will
make a big difference.

Thanks

I had a BC29 and that sounds like too much flow. You may get a sandstorm but yes they should be at opposite ends to create turbulence.

Idk about the BC because it's cube but in my 29g standard I have signficantly more flow and consistently feel like I should have MORE.

I have a hydor 750, a maxijet 1200 return on my skimmer, a 250gph cheap powerhead blowing behind the rocks and a 500gph jbj oceanstream and I still want to add another jbj I think. It might be different because my tank is way longer, though.

Back