Which Blenny?

bangbangkhan

Reefing newb
I have an Orange spot sleeper Goby and wanted to add a Blenny to the tank. i cant decide between the three below? any one has any experience with these?

Gold and Blue Blenny
Lined Blenny
Green Midas Blenny

I've had the blue and gold blenny and really liked it. I kept it in my nano tank and it was happy. Unfortunately I lost it to a bacterial infection brought in by another fish. I do plan to get another for my nano tank in the future.

I see you have a 90g tank and just want to point out that the blue and gold is a small blenny. I have a large (2.5+") tailspot blenny in my 90g and it still gets lost in the shuffle sometimes. If I were going to put a blenny in a 90g I think I'd go with a larger blenny like a midas blenny, starry blenny, or super red ember blenny. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my tailspot, but most smaller blennies aren't anywhere near as large as mine and would otherwise get totally lost or out-competed by the other fish. Hope this helps!

I've had the blue and gold blenny and really liked it. I kept it in my nano tank and it was happy. Unfortunately I lost it to a bacterial infection brought in by another fish. I do plan to get another for my nano tank in the future.

I see you have a 90g tank and just want to point out that the blue and gold is a small blenny. I have a large (2.5+") tailspot blenny in my 90g and it still gets lost in the shuffle sometimes. If I were going to put a blenny in a 90g I think I'd go with a larger blenny like a midas blenny, starry blenny, or super red ember blenny. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my tailspot, but most smaller blennies aren't anywhere near as large as mine and would otherwise get totally lost or out-competed by the other fish. Hope this helps!

thanks! i see you keep a large herd of wrasse....so maybe you can help me with a question...how can you keep a cleaner wrasse alive in captivity for a long period of time? i feed mine three times a day with brine shrimp and looks like its always hungry...should i trade it back in?

I've never heard of a green Midas Blenny. I have a Midas Blenny and it is a really cool fish with loads of personality. Plus, they are larger so it wont be hard to find in your tank.
Good luck on the wrasse also.

Are you sure its a midas blenny and not a canary blenny that is mislabeled as a midas? I've heard of green canary blenny's, but never a green midas blenny.

And everyone else has you covered on the cleaner wrasse!

Back