Which CUC?

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
I took a few LR and sand from my DT and put into a new 20g tank where my mandarins currently live. The rock had a blue leg hermit and a cerith snail attached to it, but I think I need a lot more. What kind of CUC and how many I should have in there?

The waste generated in the tank is actually a lot more than the 2 mandarins since the pods are being co-culture in there.

detritous should stay aflot wich water flow( powerheads) untill the filter catches it

if you mean stuff like uneaten food , dead fish, molting shrimps then nassarious snails would be good

Hmm... that's gonna be tough. I saw the filter keep sucking in the pods, so I removed the filter and using only a sponge filter to create circulation like what I do with the larvae tanks. This tank is a co-culture of pods right now. Filters are going to decrease the pod culture a lot.

I would skip the filter and just use a small powerhead for circulation. And for detritus i would go with the nass snails or some red leg hermit crabs

A couple of peppermints will help with the detritus also.And don't forget about serpent stars or even brittles.

Back