Which light to buy

hawkboys10

Reefing newb
Either the TEK 8 x 54, nova extreme 8 x 54, or the catalina 8 x 54?????? I think the best is the Aquactinics T5 Constellation 48" Series 7 x 54, but higher compared to these other. My livestock consist of a 75 gallon with clowns, shrimp, yellow tang, mushrooms, lots of zoos, frogspawn, 3- anemones, 1 - plate coral, candy cane coral. Thanks for the advise!!

Its a close call between the Tek-8x54w and Aquactinics-7x54w.Even though it's one bulb less,the fans and better reflectors makes the Aquactinics top of the class.Cooler running bulbs equals more efficient,better PAR.(photosynthetic active radiation)

I bought a catalina, and although it was decent overall, I had a few quirks I didn't like about it, mainly a lack of splashguards and endcaps/fans. Turns out the unit also was grounding out somewhere. Could have been something as simple as a loose fitting, but I sent the unit back for a refund

aquactinics gets my vote too. although the teks are nice, the active cooling of the aquactinics will help both to increase par, and increase the life of the bulb.

Back