Which model ATI Sunpower?

wakerider017

Reefing newb
I'll eventually be putting LPS and SPS corals in the tank, so I want to build it 'robust' from the start.

I guess I want as much light as possible.

The 8 bulb sun power is: 58.5" x 17.5" x 2.1"
The 6 bulb sun power is: 58.5" x 13.4" x 2.1"

& my tank is 60" X 18" X 24"

Looks like the 8 bulb would light up the entire tank.

What do you guys think?

Just measured and looks like the inside dimension of the tank from is 16" even.

I think the 8 bulb might be shining light in areas besides the water.

On an 18" tall tank, as long as the fixture has individual reflectors the 6-bulb will be enough for you to keep stony corals.

NanoReefer. I'm completely confused as to what you are saying in either of your posts.

Brain. Thanks for your input. I'll be going with an ATI and they do have individual reflectors. :) :)

im saying that the bulbs arent 60 inches long, so it will most likely be two 28 inch bulbs, which isnt as much light output as full length bulbs

Brain, I reread your original post.

The tank isn't 18" tall. It is 18" wide and 24" tall.

I think the 6 bulb at 13.4" wide is all that will fit since an 8 bulb will be almost as wide as the tank and overlapping the frame on the top of the tank.

Brain, I reread your original post.

The tank isn't 18" tall. It is 18" wide and 24" tall.

I think the 6 bulb at 13.4" wide is all that will fit since an 8 bulb will be almost as wide as the tank and overlapping the frame on the top of the tank.

Should still be fine, here's a quote from ATIs description: Common Sizing Guideline: soft coral tanks up to 240 gallons, mixed reef tanks up to 190 gallons and SPS dominated tanks up to 160 gallons. Recommended Tank Depth: up to 30" with carefully planned placement of corals.

Back