Which Octo Skimmer is right?

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I have a 45g tank but wouldn't mind getting one that was for bigger tanks so it definitly pulls enough or still may be useful if I get a bigger tank. It has to be a HOB skimmer!

I actually have a 45G tall myself, and bought the Octopus BH-300F at reefwarehouse.com on sale, and I haven't looked back. It has a HUGE footprint that when put in the exact middle of the tank, takes up a bit but honestly it's much better than my prizm, plus it's rated for I believe like 90G.

It started out VERY noisy, but has quieted down quite a lot....my return pump is louder than it.

Hope any of this helps!

Josh

PS. Just checked......they put it on sale again, it's $175 and includes free shipping

Last edited:
How much space is needed behind the tank for that skimmer? I have 4.5 inches

Noise is kinda a factor for me because it will be in my bedroom. Currently on my other tank I have a aqua C remora pro and the sound is pretty noticeably but bearable

Should work, according to website, it's 3.5" deep. and mine sits exactly right on the inlets.

Of course you should be able to reduce the noise/break-in period by running vinegar through it. I ran mine in just my tank for a few weeks before I even got any animals.

i have the 800s that i have modded by drilling 3 holes in it and pulls some nasty black(like a cup of water ran through a can of coffee black)

Back