Which One??

Waddi

Shenanigans?
Ok, so im going to order a protein skimmer very soon hopefully, just selling off the old old tank so i have narrowed it down to two protein skimmers.
Ok first option, is the one i like most. Im going after the Reef Octopus protein skimmer, with a slot for a heater and filter. here it is:
REEF OCTOPUS HANG ON THE BACK PROTEIN SKIMMER w FILTER on eBay.ca (item 270604007028 end time 03-Apr-11 02:10:31 EDT)
Although we have a problem. there is nowhere in Canada that sells or ships them, im gonna get taxed like a mother#@£$%^ when it comes across the border, so my search continues for a vendor in Canada. I have looked at the Canadian vendors thread, nothing there.
Ok second option, dont know too much about them but they look decent, and i know the company is a sound one. its the Hydor Slim Skim protein skimmer. here she is:
Hydor Slim Skim Protein Skimmer
Now this is a vendor in Canada, have ordered from them many times, very decent vendor.

So now i need some help deciding and finding!! Hope you guys wouldn't mind!! :D

I was using an octopus HOB skimmer for a while before I made the switch to a scrubber. It worked great and skimmed really well. Your second option I believe is a pretty new product from them. I believe 1 or 2 people from here said they were either using it or were going to get one. I can't remember who they were though.

Ive never heard of the second brand

It's the same company that makes Koralia powerheads.

I do like the Hydor one, because it has the nice surface skimmer. But its annoying i have to order the octopus from US!! :roll:
I have thought about an algae scrubber, but havent the time really, shall wait till summer for that!! :D

Back