Which setup would you choose?

koda_dad

Mr. Paranoid
What is the better deal here...

This is used..... $1000 CDN (no livestock or rock)

attachment.php

90 Gallon Tank
40 gallon Sump
Mag 7 return pump
2- Koralia 4
ASM G-2 In-Sump protein skimmer
Ice Cap Ballasts 2- 250 mh
40lb bag of live sand (bonus)

or..

This setup is new..... $2500
125gal all glass with dual overflows

all glass pine stand (kind of crappy stand)

CURRENT USA 72" NOVA EXTREME PRO T5HO 12X39 watts (not sure about this....opinions>>>)

80 lbs carib sea live sand (grade of your choice)

AG 40L TANK BLACK 48X13X16 for sump with division installed

LFGD QUIET 5000 PUMP 1330GPH for return

Vertex In 250 skimmer

30lbs live rock (I know this is no where near enough...I have about 70 lbs now)

2x Deep Bleu REEF READY PLUMBING KIT 24”

Cheato for the sump

What would you buy????? Thoughts???

well ,if you had the 2500,i'd get the 125 for sure...i know if i got the 90 now ,i'd be kicking myself in a few months for not getting the 125...plus it has the full 72" lights

I agree with Reeffreak..Not talking about price just size of tank..I had a 4' 90g it was nice, but I love having a 6ft tank.

The jump in price is kinda high but I would choose a 6ft tank over a 4ft tank any day.

that's what I am thinking.... could it just be a lets keep looking for a better deal scenario?

Or.....I was also thinking get the 90 now...buy some cool stuff like controllers, mp40s, dosers RODI setups etc... and then keep looking for the great 150 gallon deal... and then dump the 90 then

well ,if you had the 2500,i'd get the 125 for sure...i know if i got the 90 now ,i'd be kicking myself in a few months for not getting the 125...plus it has the full 72" lights

I can't find a single review on these lights anywhere...... Are they any good? or junk?

You can do sooooo much more livestock with a 6' tank. I had a 90 gal and you are limited on your fish selection.. i never regreted going to a bigger tank other then the upkeep side of things. alot more water to change but less chance of messing things up also:Cheers:

I can't find a single review on these lights anywhere...... Are they any good? or junk?

You can't find reviews of the Nova Extreme Pros? They are great lights. I run them over my 90 and recommend them to lots of people that are new to the hobby because they are relatively inexpensive, good quality, and strong enough to allow you to keep anything you want.

You can't find reviews of the Nova Extreme Pros? They are great lights. I run them over my 90 and recommend them to lots of people that are new to the hobby because they are relatively inexpensive, good quality, and strong enough to allow you to keep anything you want.

I want this to be mainly an SPS tank... is that enough light?

The lights aren't highend but they are a good,quality light fixture.Good enough to keep all corals with proper placement meaning SPS should be in the top half.

I would at least see if you can negotiate a better price for the 125g.

Back