Which Size?

I hate to say it but I would go with the 880.. You will lose some flow due to piping..
You really dont want to go to much under 10 times the tank size per hour as a return flow...Just dont forget to put a ball valve from the return pump just in case you need to slow it down, but I dont think you will..

Last edited:
I think I'm going to try and get one with a built in overflow and a sump. I'll probably get a rectangular tank as well, it's not worth the extra money for the bowfront.

I can buy this one for $400 dollars on Craig's List. It has an overflow and a sump.

Attachments

• 75 gallon tank.jpg
    75 gallon tank.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 266
I bought one bag of sand and it covered the bottom of my 55. I first did the tank with 3 bags and got about 3" deep, mistake, it all had to come out. So now I only have about 1/2 of sand, and none behind the rocks. You really dont need sand, barebottom is fine and makes it clean, some people even just spread glue on the bottom and apply sand to just get the look. A deep sandbed is hard to keep clean....

Dry cubic foot of sand weighs 100 pounds. Sooooooo that would be 144 cubic inches of sand at 100 pounds OR 100 divided by 144 = .69 ? Sooooo a dry cubic inch of sand weighs .69 pounds? Did I do that right???

Back