Which Tang?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
My yellow tang (which i always have bad luck with) is gone which leaves just my Kole Tang.
So what other tang(s) would you recommend to get next?

Purple tang.

I think the yellow and purple are going to hate each others guts.Are you feeling lucky,are you?A powder brown or blue would be another choice.No offense,but some of the choices people made *cough-sohal-cough* grow way to big for a cube tank.

I like that Lieutenant Tang, but Live Aquaria says it's a peaceful fish but aggressive towards other tangs?

<----------one of these:mrgreen:...i love this fish,granted, i've only had him a short time,but he fit right in,and his colors are beautiful..bite the bullet and and do it....

All tangs are aggressive towards other tangs, *LOL* The Lieutenant tang is a drastically different color scheme than your Kole. This would make acceptance a little easier. Tangs should also be added to your tank after lights-out to reduce the common gang-bang activity that can happen with new arrivals in the day time. Also not a good idea to introduce new fellas within an hour before or after feeding as feeding behavior itself can be aggressive and competitive. If the interaction between your Kole and new tang is concerning you, you can also place a mirror against the glass for a day. The Kole and the new kid on the block will be much more interested in the tang that looks just like themselves than the one that looks different.

LieutenantSurgeonfishWMTa_C1458.jpg
TLF703133_60191

I'd say they look different enough from one another. Not sure about the purple tang....may be too similar.

You have to keep in mind the #1 rule of this hobby,every fish is different....just because one tang works well together with another in someones tank,doesn't mean they will work in yours or mine....just get the one you like to look at the most ,IMO

You have to keep in mind the #1 rule of this hobby,every fish is different....just because one tang works well together with another in someones tank,doesn't mean they will work in yours or mine....just get the one you like to look at the most ,IMO

Very true Nemo! :bowdown:

Back