Which Urchin?

delucs414

Reefing newb
well my lfs store finally got some urchins, long spined black urchins, and pincushion urchin. i ve been waiting to get one and nows my chance, i just dont no which one to get. i have some left over hair algae i want cleaned up, which one would to this the best.

its for a 40g reef

thanks

i was thinking the pincushion as well, but i plan to upgrade to a 75g within the next 6months, and the long spined are really small, about 4in from tips of spine. i dont no if that would make a difference but yea lol.

A small black spine would be fine. If it gets too big, trade it in for a smaller one. Pincushions are cool until they start moving frags and stuff around the tank. I've had several different kinds and the black ones are the least destructive of all the urchins imho.

A small black spine would be fine. If it gets too big, trade it in for a smaller one. Pincushions are cool until they start moving frags and stuff around the tank. I've had several different kinds and the black ones are the least destructive of all the urchins imho.

I get to attached to my animals to trade them in so I would rather get something I can keep until its lived out its life.

Back