White dots

Sunshine

Reef enthusiast
I have these white dots all over my glass and other places. Here is a pic of them on a shell. Can't get a good pic of them on the glass. They look like eggs. Tiny, tiny things.
Are they good or bad ?

Attachments

• 100_0325.jpg
    100_0325.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 936
I don't know what they are, I scape 'em off. Maybe someone will drop an answer in here, but I think they are like a calcium build up or something like that. Mine don't move or anything.

Kinda hard to tell from the pic. If they move then possibly baby snails like I have. I tend to see tons of them in the A.M. when the lights click on. If they are not moving then maybe it's calcium deposits. What are you water parameters? Particularly the calcium magnesium, and ALK.

Sounds like calcium may be precipitating to me. Do you see the same "white spots" on your pumps or heaters?

If it is calcium then you should check your Magnesium as low mag is one of the big causes of calcium precipitate.

They are not on the pump. The heater is in the overflow, can't see it. There are none in the sump or refugium. Just on the rocks and glass. I'll check everything tomorrow.
Not sure if I have a Magnesium test or not. I do have a calcium test. It usually stays around 530. Are snail eggs hard ? I have one rock that is covered with them. I can't get a better pic, I tried. When I zoom, it just gets blurry.

Back