White dots?

BigFishy

Reefing newb
I’ve just ordered my mag-float with easy blade attachment to remove algae from the glass. This morning I noticed a couple white dots on the glass. The come off fairly easily, but have no idea what they are.

Thoughts?

I didn't see them move. I was only looking for ten seconds and I didn't see them move.

They weren't there yesterday and now there are quite a few (20ish).

I've never had to deal with Ick, but could this be Ick?
Should this be something I should be worried about.

If it's on the glass, it's not ich.

Are they sort of spiral-shaped? If so, they are feather dusters. The back of my glass looks like the night sky, I have so many of them.

Snail eggs are usually in a group, or a trail. When mine lay eggs, I can see a jelly like substance around them...

They may NOT be copepods --they may be very small white feather dusters with hard, calcerous shells. Almost every tank has them. If they grow on the glass and then you scrape them with a mag-float they can scratch the glass. If you are not sure, reach in your tank with a razor and scrape the glass. I have a mag-float and they will not scrape every thing off the glass.

Check with a magnify glass. I had white dots on mine on had to look real close to see the were small starfish/jellies... It will probably just come and go

I'm going to say they're snail eggs, that's what it looks like when mine lay eggs. If you google nerite snail eggs you should be able to see a pic of them.

MAYBE nerite snail eggs!!! I do have 4 or 6 and they are active.

I did pick up a live rock from someone which had small starfish on it. And they are growing. I'll examine with a magnifying glass tonight

+1 BJ

And I can't believe this got 2 page 2 b4 u guys figured that one out!!! XD
(I knew it as soon as I read his post =P)
They are in pretty much every tank, and they like to form on the undersides of rocks and such, also on the back tank glass and in your sump...

Just keep them off your clean sides of the glass with regular scrapings & cleaning with a magfloat.

They are good guys, harmless!

Edit: (Oh I guess Sen did have it XP)

+1 BJ

And I can't believe this got 2 page 2 b4 u guys figured that one out!!! XD
(I knew it as soon as I read his post =P)
They are in pretty much every tank, and they like to form on the undersides of rocks and such, also on the back tank glass and in your sump...

Just keep them off your clean sides of the glass with regular scrapings & cleaning with a magfloat.

They are good guys, harmless!

Edit: (Oh I guess Sen did have it XP)

I SAID IT!! Like the third post!

Spirorbid worms
littspir.jpg

Nerite Snail eggs

P1130678.JPG

I still say the nerite eggs

And the winner is Spirorbid worms! After looking for 10 mins to find one close up, they look like Spirorbid worms.

On a bright note, one of my fish has ick. Faint little white dots.

This hobby sometimes makes me cringe!!!

Back