White growth.....

It's not huge...it's maybe the size of a quarter. I zoomed in really close LOL But it literally grew from like nothing to that size in a week. I don't know if it's a hitchhiker, perse, because I've had that rock for years :D I don't think they're corals, either. Maybe someone with a scientific background can dumb it down for me LOL

Bryozoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what it is Gretch.
Not only are they cool looking,but they are actually great for the tank.A living filter.

I have something kinda like that I just made a new thread about. Don't know if they are the same. Mine is more stringy and bushy this one looks more like coral.

I too just started a thread about something like this. If you guys check back to this thread let me ask, where did you get you live rock from? Not the vendor, the location. Mine is mostly Vanuatu with pacific shelf. Maybe it's common to a certain area? The rest was dry rock.

My rocks are mostly rocks that I inherited from my brother when he took down his tank, plus a few pieces of diy garf rock I made, and a couple of rocks I got from the LFS when I first started the hobby a few years ago.

yah081.jpg

Finally got a decent pic, its right next to the pretty pink one, but its just a single branch

Back