White Lightning Maroon

Yup, I've been following this story for awhile now - I seriously want one of those fish! And it is really exciting that they've now spawned, especially after he thought she might be a gonner the week before! I'm watching this project very closely :)

I'm surprised you found that link on BlueZoo - I wasn't aware they actually ever posted her for sale, I thought it was more of an inside deal based on what I've read. And it was two years ago as well. And apparently it isn't the only lightening maroon - another one was found I believe something like 12 years ago in the same area. Google Lightning Maroon Clownfish and you get all sorts of interesting articles!

Last edited:
I too have been following the lighting maroon clown. I wouldnt ever pay a large sum of money for a clown fish, but a pair of those would be an exception

If you want to see a pretty and expensive fish....look up clarion angels! I've seen them go for as low as $2500 and up to $5000.

Very beautiful maroon. I would love to have her, but my luck the poor thing would die one me. Perhaps if there was fish insurance lol

Yup, I've been following this story for awhile now - I seriously want one of those fish! And it is really exciting that they've now spawned, especially after he thought she might be a gonner the week before! I'm watching this project very closely :)

I'm surprised you found that link on BlueZoo - I wasn't aware they actually ever posted her for sale, I thought it was more of an inside deal based on what I've read. And it was two years ago as well. And apparently it isn't the only lightening maroon - another one was found I believe something like 12 years ago in the same area. Google Lightning Maroon Clownfish and you get all sorts of interesting articles!

Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but I wanted to correct myself - the first one was in fact collected in 2008, the second one (and the one that is now being bred by Matt Pedersen) was collected in 2010. Just trying to keep accurate information out there :)

Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but I wanted to correct myself - the first one was in fact collected in 2008, the second one (and the one that is now being bred by Matt Pedersen) was collected in 2010. Just trying to keep accurate information out there :)

How is he breeding it with only one fish?

Back