White round fuzzy growths on live rock

sigs19

Reefing newb
Hello all!
Quick intro...I've been around fresh water aquariums for over 20 years. I dabbled with some saltwater (worked at a LFS wayyy back in college) but was primarily fresh only. I only recently decided to move one of my tanks to saltwater after I grew tired of my cichlids eating each other. :)

OK, so to the matter at hand. My (29g) tank was started over a month ago. I added 2 damsels and 1 live rock (from LFS) after about 1 week. I've done two partial water changes but my ammonia and nitrates have stayed close to zero the entire time (running penguin 350).
I noticed one of these fuzzy growths on my 1st piece of live rock from my LFS about a week ago. It may have been there from day one. Not sure.
I purchased a 2nd piece of live rock from the same LFS (that was going out of business) and that is the one you see in the picture. This one only had one of these that I noticed initially (the one seen at the top). Now I have several more popping up.

Anyway, is this fuzzy stuff OK or do I need to pull the rock and scrub and/or dry it out? Thanks all!

Attachments

• Fungus_or_Sponge01.jpg
    Fungus_or_Sponge01.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,424
Back