White Spine Tang for sale and 240 gal tank w/ stand and lights

mng777777

Shark Wrangler Wannabe
I have a fish for sale

I ordered this from an online dealer who accidently sent me the wrong fish. It is a White Spine Tang AKA Pale Lipped Surgeonfish (Acanthurus leucocheilus). I love this fish's coloration and wish I could keep it but they get too big for my set up as I only have a 75 gallon tank. I can and will return it if i can't find someone locally that wants it but I would rather not risk the tang's health by shipping it again so I have arranged with the dealer to try to sell it here first. I am asking $60 for it which is what I paid. I just want cover the cost so I can re-order the correct fish. If you search the Latin name online a bit, you will find that you can't even find this fish for less than $80 and you would still have to add expensive shipping costs to get it here. Don't miss this great opportunity! You must see this fish in person to appreciate its beauty. In addition to the coloration in the pics, its body has a blue tint that sparkles in the light. It is 2.5" / 3" now and it is very healthy and eating well.

This is the actual fish:
2162d1241811328-justins-75-gal-build-p1100324.jpg

This is a picture from the net of the same type of fish:
tang48.jpg

I'm trying to avoid shipping it but let me know of your interest and we'll work something out.

Re: White Spine Tang for sale

Come on now. Y'all have friends in Tucson, I know you do. Call them and tell them to buy this fish!

I would love to take him off your hands, but I will be setting up my new (smaller) tank in July and it would be too small for him.

I know biff. No worries! If you need any help tearing down to downsize let me know. I know it will be a big undertaking.

Ugh, shudder. I'm already having nightmares thinking of the logistics. I'm going to try to have the new (smaller) tank already set up in the new house, with some water rock and sand from the old tank. Then hopefully I can quickly move the livestock over and add them to an already established tank. I'm moving to River/Shannon from Speedway/Wilmot, so it's not exactly a quick drive, unfortunately.

Thanks for offering to help, I may end up needing more help than just in the tank department. Christian is supposed to have a pretty involved surgery in July, and will be confined to a wheelchair for 3 to 6 months. Meaning he'll be absolutely useless come moving time!!

Last edited:

just let me know what I can do. I hope that everything goes smoothly for the man. How convenient that he will be incapacitated come moving time huh!

Justin I would love to take him, but I too don't think I have enough room. My large tank already has 3 Tangs that are quickly out growing their space. I was counting on Biff to take one off my hands for her 240, when one got to be too big! Guess that's not going to happen now! I'm afraid that I will soon get in trouble by the Tang Police. Trying to lay low.

How about selling it to Robert at SWS for his new show tank?

Thats a great idea except that I am afraid to see the look on his face when he finds out that I bought a fish from anybody other than him...

How about you buy Biff's tank, and I'll help you move it and set it up, in exchange for your little tank and I'll throw the fish in for free?!?!

In fact I have access to some other resources and I can help you get that new 240 stocked just the way you want it.

That was exactly my idea Justin! dcan NEEDS to buy my 240 so that he can keep all his tangs!

If you buy my tank, I'll throw in two square feet of xenia. For free.

Look, surely we can all work something out here (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I have what you want, you have what I want, and Justin... well it looks like Justin just really wants to get rid of his tang!

did I mention that I have a big truck that would be perfect for moving that beast Deacan? Biff will make you a stinkin great deal!

I would love your tank, but I have no where to put it! Besides it's not really 240 so the rumor goes...:mrgreen:

How about if I also throw in all the sand you could ever possibly want for free? Yes, that's IN ADDITION to the two square feet of xenia! How can I possibly be so generous you may ask? Well, I'm just me. I'm Sarah. And that's how Sarah is.

:D

I would love your tank, but I have no where to put it! Besides it's not really 240 so the rumor goes...:mrgreen:

Yes. Upon measuring the tank it turns out it's more like 218. But we need to keep that little piece of info on the down low, you hear? I pride myself in having the largest tank on the site.

It was sold to me as a 240. Therefore it is a 240. Capiche? Capiche.

Hey! That's not an outright "no"! Looks like I'm making some progress here ;)

Tell ya what. You buy the tank, and you, YES, you can help me move all my stuff into my new house too!! You get a tank and an upper body workout!

I mean come on, only a fool would turn this deal down!! ;)

At 218 that would mean I would not have the largest tank on the site, right?
Broadway & Wilmot kinda far. Though close to where I work.

Back