White Spots On My Liverock

Thanks for the fast reply biff, do you ever leave the forums? Check out my new addition to the tank. I am soooo proud.

I do all my school work on the computer. And I'm easily distracted :D. Therefore, I can't spend more than 15 minutes doing school work without interrupting myself and doing something else online. It'll all be worth it in a year in a half when you all will have to call me "Doctor" :p. Nice pic Brian. Your camera rocks!

Thanks,

That was taken with a canon 30D @ ISO 100 using a Sigma 150mm EX DG APO Macro lens and the built in flash.

I took a whole bunch of them but I liked this one the best. The hardest part is finding a good spot on the glass with little distortion. The other thing is to keep the angle of the camera to the target as shallow as possible.

That's my biggest problem - distortion. I have a bowfront tank so it's tricky to get the right angle need for a very crisp photo.

:mrgreen:

That can be a problem (bowfront). There are tools in photoshop that may be able to pull the iamge straight. You may want to give that a try, othere than that its a hit or miss situation. Keeping the camera as perpindicular to the glass(acrylic) as possible is the key.

Great pic,nice zoos,nice camera....

I like the panoramic view bowfronts give,makes things look larger than they actually appear.When I took pics of my bowfront,it look best when the camera was in the same angle as the glass(did that make any sense?)

Yep - it makes sense. My only problem is that is not the angle I want for my picture!

It's a viscious circle!

Back