white spots on rockwork?

monkiboy

Reefing newb
hi -

i was hoping someone could help me identify what this was and if it was trouble.

i've had tons of coraline growing everywhere lately but with it came these small white spots, EVERYWHERE but on the front and back (in wall tank) glass.

here's a photo of it on the rockwork.

20120120_001106.jpg

this is it on the side glass with the new coraline that is growing in small segments, they do look very different so i wasn't sure. hopefully someone can help! thanks!

20120120_001113-1.jpg

20120120_001119-1.jpg

I'm totally going to butcher the spelling. But they're spirorbid worms. Harmless little dudes.
really?

so where the heck did they come from? what is catalyst for their growth? and should i expect them on my rockwork for an enternity (so to speak)? scraping them from the side glass would be easy enough...

really?

so where the heck did they come from? what is catalyst for their growth? and should i expect them on my rockwork for an enternity (so to speak)? scraping them from the side glass would be easy enough...

Hitchhiker. They're a filter feeder... I had them all over my back glass. I left them alone. It looked like stars. I dug it.

Yup spiriod worms. Idk how to spell it either lol. They will be on your rock forever. After a while though you don't even notice it.

yeah they are def the worms as you can really see the circular structure in a photo of talk of my emerald crab emerson.

20120119_161902.jpg

it's just crazy because i went from none, to a kajillion and ALL over my rock work in less than 24 hours. oh well, i guess.

Back