White spots only on my Royal Gramma

Aquatic Pet

Reefing newb
I have a 55 gallon Reef tank and have had no issues to speak of.

This past week, I noticed my Royal Gramma has a lot of white spots all over him. At first, I paid no mind to it because I assumed it was from him doing nose dives in the sand. He has always gone to the top of the tank and nose dived into the sand then he goes into the live rock. He has done this since I got him but lately, he seems to go deeper in the sand base.

I have several other fish and they have no signs of this white spots at all. It is not fuzzy and is all over him. I have Ich Attack on hand but I hate to use chems if I dont have to. I truly dont know if it is sand on his body or if its some sort of infection or decease. Trying to catch this critter is nearly impossible, he is very fast and my tank has a lot of live rock crevices for him to hide in once you go to go into the tank.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, My LFS had me "Drinking the Koolaid" about how well the product "Ich Attack" works til ' I did some research of my own only to realize that Ich Attack is nothing more than pepper sauce designed to stimulate the mucus membranes of the fish so as to thicken their slime coat to make it harder for the parasite to infect the fish. Even if it did work like intended, It would'nt stop ich from getting to the gill tissue. My 1st go round with ich decieved me into thinking it worked. My 2nd go round, (after I bought corals) did nothing more than irritate then kill half of the corals in my tank. Ich Attack was a $1250 mistake for me plus it did'nt really kill a damn thing. They should've named it "Coral Attack" !!

Back