White spots

margaritaville

Reefing newb
Noticed some small white spots/dots on the back of my tank and only on the back. thought it was salt depostis and tried to clean them but they were on the inside, just wondering if anyone had had anything like this or has any advise.

Thanks
eric

Amphipods

I didnt have any in my ten gallon till i bought a piece of liverock that had little bugs on it. then they started apearing and know i have them all over , thats just my opinion.

are they spiral in shape if so they are filter feeders. Serpulid worms, one of the principal families of "Featherdusters" They are pretty harmless.
65757982Serpulid_Polychaetes.jpg

if they are moving around and look like bugs etc they are good fish food. if they look like the items in the picture minireefer posted they are filter feeders and are harmless. you can just let them go or scrape them off. myself i would keep um if they are in fact what minireefer posted. good luck let us know if we answered your question or not.

They do look like some of the smaller circular ones in the pic, not really looking like worms yet, but hopefully thats what they are. Thanks everyone for the help

Back