White Thread from Clownfish

Banana Man

Reefing newb
I noticed a very light white thready thing coming out of the bottom middle of my Clownfish yesterday. At first i thought it was just something that had got stuck to it but today the Clown is just hovering above the sand at the back of the Aquarium behind a rock with the thread still visible. My other Clown is swimming around like normal. Anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks

Do you think it is white stringy poo? That is a sign of a parasite. I, in fact, had a thread all about white stringy poo. It was fascinating. ;)

Rang up my fish shop and they said they didn't think they had anything in stock medication wise... they were supposed to call me back but never did!

The Clown isn't looking the best, still in the same spot. I presume the most likely outcome from this is that it won't survive?

My flame angel had white stringy poo. He never acted "sick" tho and always ate like a pig. I quickly ordered prazi pro from amazon and treated the display tank. I did not have any bad effects from treating my display but I am not recommending that as many warn it may harm corals or worms. My flame has not had any issues since I treated.
Little Fish will be able to tell you what to do, I am just sharing what I had happen.

having internal parasites very rarely kills fish, especially such hardy fish like clown fish. If you clown is looking bad I would think you have other problems afoot. However clowns do tend to pick a corner and hang out there, just kinda bobbing around, its totally normal, healthy behavior for them.

Back