Who Ate My Damsel's Tail?

tcarroll

Reefing newb
Tank has been up a month now,been slowly stocking it,all seems to be in check.One of my Livestock got a little extra meat today i think,My Blue Damsel's Tail is gone!I have Two Clown'sHad Two Damsel's,One lawnmower Blenny(I think he may have gotten it,Blue Damsel kept messing with him,he may have caught him off guard.9 Mexican Turbos's,12 small Hermit's.Not sure if tail fin will grow back or not?

I never known Percula to nip the tails off of other fish.I've had Clarkii and Maroon who has nipped before.Percs have teeth so its possible.

It could have been the clowns or other damsel (if you still have the other damsel, I wasn't clear on that). It'll grow back. I have to pajama cardinals in my tank, which are very gentle, passive fish, and they get their tails nipped all the time. Poor things.

You guys wouldn't believe what I had for dinner today! Damsel Tail, it was delicious. I got it at T Carrols bistro.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It sucks, but it will save you stress and money down the road, because blue damsels are one of the most aggressive out there, and he would have killed (or tried to kill) any new fish you added. Damsels suck like that.

My Blue Damsel cost twenty something and has killed thirty something worth of livestock. I'll have to get rid of her eventually. I kind of wish my clown would eat her.

Back