who has the biggest tank on Living Reefs

265 would be the largest DT on the forum... However I accept no bragging till its bought AND running. Dry tank sitting there culturing dust bunnies doesn't count.

Thats some funny stuff there Alexander, but i agree with you ... buying one and setting up and running one is a big task on that scale ... the LR alone is really gonna cost ya ... make sure you have a sizable sump and quality equipment to do the job right or you might pay for it later on ... Good Luck!

265 would be the largest DT on the forum... However I accept no bragging till its bought AND running. Dry tank sitting there culturing dust bunnies doesn't count.

Mine is the biggest up and running tank (I agree, dry tanks don't count). Mine is 240 display + 55 sump + 35 fuge. A grand total of 330 gallons!!

265 would be cool, but watch your wallet cause you will get addicted and end up in Reefer Anonymous like many of us here. I can't even imagine how deep a 265 could get you hooked on the good stuff...know what i'm saying yo?

ok
i understand the parameters of having bragging rights
i will keep you updated if i go for it
like i said it would be a long build
the tank would be in the gargae for at least 6 months before i could aquire everything to set it up

Bragging rights are OK, but what really matters to me is just enjoying the tank you have. I don't ever plan on going bigger then the little 46 gal I have. Biffer seems to really enjoy her tank, which is what counts.

light you are absolutely correct
i have really been weighing out the time i will have to spend on a 265, compared to my 90, and im still up in the air about it

if i decide not to go bigger now im sure it wont be the last big tank i come across

so i will update the thread when i do or dont buy the tank

Back