who here likes anthias

I like anthias, but from what I have read they do best in groups. When you add up the cost of five of them it gets a bit pricey. Then this particular anthias goes for $900 ???? Nope, not on my budget.

Plus that's not a reef fish. It lives at a depth of 280 feet (vs. 35 to 50 for most reef fish), requires low light and cold water. You know some moron with too much money and no desire to research is going to buy it, throw it in his reef tank, and watch it croak.

and the sad thing about that biff is that this is the first time they have been collected from these area of the world, if anything they shouldnt be selling them and instead researching them

Well if someone had a tall cool water tank the fish could do fine and thrive. I'm pretty sure that Live Aquaria will make sure that whoever buys the fish knows what they are doing.

I think they may have already done research on the fish and why shouldn't they sell them? I see no harm in it. Sure it may have been the first time collected, but there is always a first time for everything ya know. They only have 3 up for sale. I also don't think it's stupid to pay that much money for a fish. If a person can afford it and really wanted it, then I don't think it's stupid at all.

I have not found a fish yet that I am willing to pay that much for, but I am sure one day I just might find a fish that I love and pay that much for.

There is nothing impressive about that fish for 900.00 bucks. JMO - 22 Anthias or 1 Privitera Anthias. You can buy a whole lot of corals an or other fish with 900 bucks. Even if I had the money I am sure I could find something else to buy. Not to mention found in 280 feet of water. Very little light penetrates that far down. You have to have a cold dark tank. NO POINT

hahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahah hhahah hahah hah ah! that the funnyest thing ever 900 bucks for a fish ah!

It's all relavant. If you make $500k/year, you probably won't have a hard time justifying the price, where as if you make $50k/year you can justify spending $100 on a fish.
I'll take a conspic angel anytime. At least it can go in a normal tank.

Back