Who uses a straight pipe over flow?

bobby

I like to do bad things.
And what do you use to block the top so nothing gets sucked in? I finally got the new tank ready so I put 1 misbared clown and a chacolate chip star in. All was fine for a few days, then I come home last night and the clown was gone. He made it in the top of the overflow in to the first chamber, then over that wall into the second chamber, and through the bubble trap to the third chamber and got sucked in the return pump. :frustrat::frustrat: Then I wake up to a loud suction noise this morning and run in to the dinning room and have to turn everthing off, drain some water, and pull the piping apart to find the star in it. I don't think he made it either, because he hasn't moved yet. :frustrat::frustrat::grumble::frustrat: I'm pissed again. I loved that damn clown and the star, even if his dumb ass did try to eat some coral.:death:

:death:Why can't I keep one pair of clowns?:death: I alway atleast kill one of them if not two.:death:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your clown and star.That sux.
As for my pipes,I've got the Dorso pipes,street tee with a strainer on it.

Well I can see the star moving around so he is fine. Man I thought for sure with the way he was all folded and looked that he would be dead. Yote I think I'll try making a strainer out of plastic mesh or screen like material. I didn't think it would happen though. The whole time the ten was up I never had anything go down the overflow. Now two things in one night.

They dont have it in the size I need. It's 2" opening on the end. I made one out of that loom plastic though, so I hope it works out.

Back