Whut Should I Buy? V.4

What Should I Buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have lighting but what should be the watts for it and the k's for it? and what company is the best for lighting? becuase i just have standard lighting that isnt enough for corals and my brain coral is bleaching :/

._.? i need 1 by 1 my dad dont let me buy all at once it just cuases more problems so what should be the watt's for it and the k's for it? and what the company is the best for the lighting?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this lighting good enough for LPS? : http://www.marineandreef.com/Nova_Extreme_Pro_T5_48_inch_Current_USA_p/rcu01081.htm

Features:
Three 54 Watt SlimPaq 10K and three 54 Watt 460nm Actinic lamps
Individually contoured reflectors for maximum light intensity
Cool running, performance-driven electronic ballasts
Two cooling fans
Independent controls for dawn/dusk applications
Dimensions: 48" x 12" x 4.25"

My Tank Size:
Front To Back : 12 Inchs (1 Feet)
Top To Bottom : 21 Inchs (1 Feet And 11 Inchs)
Side To Side : 48 Inchs (4 Feet)

60 Gallon

Bulbs:
http://www.marineandreef.com/Current_USA_T5_Nova_Lamps_T5_Nova_Bulbs_s/41.htm

Parts:
http://www.marineandreef.com/Current_USA_Nova_T5_Fluorescent_Lighting_Parts_s/86.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
should i quit the lighting? and stick with fish only and go to the sump?

It's YOUR tank. What you want to put in it will determine what you need. Personally I'd go with a sump because it leads to better water quality overall, and gives you a place to put things. (And adds gallons to your tank). This benefits fish as well as corals, so while you can't get the lights now, you can still enjoy the fish, and know your system will be better suited for corals once you can afford lights.

dude straight up you need the test kits before setting up the tank but just your saltwater master kit, then your sump, then more LR, then a ro-di unit if you dont have one already( depending if you feel like hauling water from the store) then lights. cause if everything is not straight as far as your water and your biological filtration goes more lighting is gonna cause problematic algae. corals need a stable environment so furthermore you need your system rock solid and stable. and the biggest thing is left for last, TIME yes time takes care of a lot, it takes a bit for everything to get into its "grove" so it handle itself. imo the main goal would be to build the strongest bio environment you can while you save up for the equipment you need

there's tons of youtube videos for cheap diy stuff as far as filters. there are tons of options out there and all easy to do if you have an open mind on how to make it work for you. i have tons of great ideas. do a little research and let me know which route you might want to take and i could help you design something for cheap.

I vote better lighting if you can't get someone to hold onto the corals you have. If someone will hold onto them for you, go with the sump, you will be able to keep your water parameters much more stable for your corals.

So if possible, have someone hold onto your corals for you, and get the sump. Then have lighting be your second priority

corals might be fine for if you are feeding them regularly. i have some zoas under t8 lights almost on the bottom and they are doing darn good, but they pick up mysis shrimp when ever i feed

Back