Why are Bicolor Angelfish difficult to keep?

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
I keep reading everywhere that they are fairly difficult to keep. Is there a particular reason? I saw one in my lfs a few days ago that was swimming around and looked healthy aside from a few infrequent "mini-seizures". Is this a health issue? I've seen my old Ocellaris clowns do something similar and they're doing just fine to this day.

If anyone has had experience with Bicolor Angelfish, I'd appreciate any advice!

I don't really think they are anymore difficult than any other Dwarf....which are fairly easy when compared to large angels like the Regal.....where did you hear that they are "difficult" ?

Just based on general research online, most websites categorize them as "Moderate" and a handful of websites say they're one of the most difficult....Thank goodness for livingreefs lol.
Also i've heard they can be picky eaters and prefer to eat sponges or frozen foods with sponge in them.

Either way, this is good to know because i'd love to keep one with maybe a damsel or two in a 30G tank until I'm able to get a 55 or 90G FOWLR.

Just based on general research online, most websites categorize them as "Moderate" and a handful of websites say they're one of the most difficult....Thank goodness for livingreefs lol.
Also i've heard they can be picky eaters and prefer to eat sponges or frozen foods with sponge in them.

Either way, this is good to know because i'd love to keep one with maybe a damsel or two in a 30G tank until I'm able to get a 55 or 90G FOWLR.
I have a Koran for over a year now and not once have I gave him any sponge based foods....I have read its best to get a young angel and get it used to eating others foods ...The adults can be hard because they are already used to a sponge diet from the ocean...mine eats all the greens we eat,,,like spinach,peas,broccoli,zucchini,brussel sprouts and i'm starting to introduce carrots....they do need meat too...mine get Krill,table shrimp,scallops,squid and clams...no brine or mysis...i saw your list from your other thread and the bi-color would be no harder than any of the others IMO....I never had one however..good luck

Back