Why are Cardinals so freakin stoopid?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
I got a small one a while ago. He was dead within a week, never ate. Got store credit.
This weekend i got a larger one from a different place. The whole tank of them looked really healthy in the lfs. It's been three days and he hasn't eaten yet. Formula flake, dianichi pellets, and rods food. It floats right in front of his face, bounces off him, etc. He just sits there looking like a dumbass. WTF? :grumble: I hate stupid fish.

Can't help ya there....mine has been eating like a pig since I brought him home a year ago. He's a piggy. Did u see him eat the the lfs though? +1 baddfish - try the garlic

I find that my cardinal will almost never eat the food that goes in front of his head. It needs to be off to the side towards the back. Which kinda worries me as i wonder if he is going blind.

When I had my cardinal (sold him "pre-move")..he was always quick to eat. But he would only take 1 or 2 pieces of mysis. and then back to the mime impersonation.

Those are 1 boring fish. If this one doesn't make it, just stick a picture of one on the glass. It'll do the same thing.:D

When I had my cardinal (sold him "pre-move")..he was always quick to eat. But he would only take 1 or 2 pieces of mysis. and then back to the mime impersonation.

Those are 1 boring fish. If this one doesn't make it, just stick a picture of one on the glass. It'll do the same thing.:D

Awesome description! I have one, and I have to say he acts exactly like that!
I happen to like his laid back manner though...he doesn't participate in the frenzy at feeding time, just lazily waits for some food to come to him and eats it with as little movement possible. On rare occasions I'll see him out swimming a bit, but most of the time I could have a picture of one under the powerhead in the corner...:D
(maybe they're just under-achievers!)

They actually swim around quite a bit, but they do it in the middle of the night. They'll be back in their corner by morning.

My two cardinals don't move. They both hang out in their own spots, the same spots, 24/7. Christian calls them the Robot Fish. They are boring, but they were two of my first fish ever, and I couldn't bear to part with them. Mine have never been picky eaters, though.

So i put garlic in the rods food last night... that crap was floating all around him and he just stood there. Then if he got interested in something he'd make a little effort to take it in his mouth and spit it right back out.

What a dumb ass fish!

So i put garlic in the rods food last night... that crap was floating all around him and he just stood there. Then if he got interested in something he'd make a little effort to take it in his mouth and spit it right back out.

What a dumb ass fish!

Bummer...but I'd still try that a couple more times.
(:twocents:)!

Back