Why are Cardinals so freakin stoopid?

So i put garlic in the rods food last night... that crap was floating all around him and he just stood there. Then if he got interested in something he'd make a little effort to take it in his mouth and spit it right back out.

What a dumb ass fish!

He is just taking care to watch his figure. ;)

I have Red Spot Cardinals that I have had no problems getting to eat, I feed them frozen brine shrimp or mysis, they go nuts. I actually have a problem with them raiding my seahorse dish on occasion.

Ok so it's been almost 4 weeks and this loser is still alive and looks healthy.
Maybe he casually sucks food up through his butthole? I have no idea, but it still doesn't look like he's eating when i feed the tank. :dunno:

I had one. He stayed in the rock 99% of the time and NEVER ate. He starved himself to death.

My damsel can be stupid also. When I apply "Stop Aptasia" he comes out of the rock and eats it --the dumbass!

Last edited:
I must have gotten lucky and purchased a animnated one...lol Mine actually comes to the glass when I go near the tank. And is right there front and center at feeding time. and like vonjankmon said mine loves the frozen brine and mysis shrimp as well.

I must have gotten lucky and purchased a animnated one...lol Mine actually comes to the glass when I go near the tank. And is right there front and center at feeding time. and like vonjankmon said mine loves the frozen brine and mysis shrimp as well.

I don't think it's luck. Your LFS just remembered to change out its batteries before you purchased it. :lol:

Well, my stoopid cardinal decided to take the stupidity one giant step further last night.... he jumped! :grumble: A fish that barely moves, jumped. I told you he was stoopid!

He's actually smarter than you think....his plan this whole time was to lose enough weight so he could actually get himself over the tank. Genius!

Sorry to hear though. That sucks.

Man I actually love these fish. I can't wait to get one some day.

Every time I go in the LFS I check them out. One was in the same spot for a month. Just kidding but seriously I want to get one.

The fact they just sit motionless is fascinating to me. I guess ever since I saw one and was like whoaaaa I love them. It was like it had an attitude without having an attitude. I suppose we all have certain fish we like a lot.

I was also interested in a Mini Lion Fish but haven't read anything about them yet.

The dwarf lion fish are cool! I would love to get one, but i wont because they will eat anything they can fit in their mouth - which expand to unbelievably huge proportions. All of my fish would be lunch :(

But a couple of cardinals would do great in your tank phastroh, but you are getting close to your stocking limit, so keep that in mind.

Yeah what is that limit again? I will have 5 fish after the clowns. All the fish are small as well at this point so as they get bigger I guess that makes it worse.

Ok. How is the limit determined? I mean because these fish will get larger right. So is it an inch thing?

I would guess they would all get to 3-4 inches but the Coral Beauty is already easily 3 inches or more.

Back