Why are Cardinals so freakin stoopid?

You want one small fish for every 10 gallons. Small fish are clowns (maroons not included because they get huge), gobies, blennies, cardinals, dwarf angels. Big fish, like tangs or eels, (basically anything that gets bigger than 6 inches) i could as multiple fish. Tangs are usually two fish in my mind, eels are generally 3 or 4 because they get very long and they are very messy fish (they poop more than their fare share).

Haha they do poop a lot? I never see it at least.

I am thinking that the Eel will have to be moved one day. I really don't feel like getting a whole new sump and so on for it though so maybe I will sell it after a year. I like it though.

If I can get that big tank I may possibly keep it alone in the 80 Gal. I know you said a trigger is too much for the 80 but the Eel and Trigger could just be alone in the 80 with minimal rock and be my main attraction for feeding watching.

The Trigger can at least be in there for a while till it gets big.

I know you said that before but man I see people with them in smaller tanks than 125gal.

I mean why do they even sell them since you can't have a small tank or small fish near them.

I love them but can't even have one.

I just read this article and it says it can be comfortable in 70-80 Gal. I was figuring the author would know since he says this is his fish(favorite)

Last edited:
They them sell because people will buy them put them into a tank that is too small for them, they will stress out and die, and they go back and buy another one. The cycle repeats and the store makes money.

Also, many people have tanks big enough to house triggers for their entire life. But can have small fish with triggers, they usually dont attack them. Every fish in an individual and few will attack smaller fish, but for the most part triggers wont eat their fish tankmates.

Please quite sounding sorry for yourself because you cant get every fish you see. That is life. I have a 46 gal tank, i would love beyond belief to put a trigger and few tangs in there, but i wont because i know its wrong and cruel. I just have to admire the fish from afar and someday when i get the correct sized tank for them then i will own one.

Then stick with the tank and fish you have. You have lots of possibilities with the tank you have, and you already have some very cool fish in there.

I went to petco to get some silversides today. They had some cardinals there. I totally see where your coming from phastroh...

Back