Why are fish Stupid!

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
My new Angler managed to pin himself in between 2 rocks at some point last night....Now his pectoral fins seem to be damaged .....basically ,he's not using them...he kinda bobs along now ....not sure what to do

That really suck ohno, I just got my son a Black Angler for his birthday lastnight. He totally loves it.
chowder-bay-black-angler.jpg

:shock:...That guy is awesome!
Who knows...if mine turns for the worst and ends up dying ,i'm gonna look at the shaggy frogfish next.....then i'm taking all the rock out and putting one giant piece in the middle...probably going to do that anyway...i hope he makes it though

I have that lil guy in a 12 gal nano and i took out most of the rock. I just left him a couple of good sized pieces to hide in.. My son says he cant wait to watch him eat. :bounce:

thanks guys,
mine ate one damsel so far,the rest has been table shrimps and scallops...they say its best to get them eating frozen ...when i got mine he eat frozen the second day.....i don't think he's going to make it :(

I hate a to hear that Nemo.
Maybe if he can survive the stress of being stuck,then he can over come it and heal up.
Dont know what else you could do except hope for the best.

Yeah,its a bummer....i have no idea how long he was like that either....Came down this morning and seen him wedged in there....he was still thrashing around trying to free himself so i'm hoping he wasn't in there too long....

Their brain is about the size of a pee. They have a 3 - 5 second memory. IQ usually about -4

That's why they are stupid. :mrgreen: :Cheers:

Their brain is about the size of a pee. They have a 3 - 5 second memory. IQ usually about -4

That's why they are stupid. :mrgreen: :Cheers:

Well none of this is true. If they have a 3 to 5 second memory, how do they remember where their territories are? How do they know to come to the surface of the water during feeding time? How do they get acclimated to your presence over time and get used to being in a new tank?

And their brains are MUCH smaller than a pea! :lol:

Thanks Erin,he is actually looking better today,tried to feed him and i guess he's not ready yet....
as far as fish memory ,ever watch mythbusters??They did a test on it and showed fish actually have good memories and can almost be trained like a dog

I have actually seen a gold fish trained like dog. It has all these silly tricks it was taught to do, like score a touch down with a very tiny football it would hold in its mouth

Well none of this is true. If they have a 3 to 5 second memory, how do they remember where their territories are? How do they know to come to the surface of the water during feeding time? How do they get acclimated to your presence over time and get used to being in a new tank?

And their brains are MUCH smaller than a pea! :lol:

It was a joke Biff. You take things way to literally sometimes and then your scientist brain kicks in and you get all analytical. Have a beer. Relax. :Cheers:

My Angler!,,,He ate today,i'm pumped....i thought for sure he was a goner,tough little SOB...past week and half he barely moved and looked like he was just slipping away...Against all urges to put him out of his misery ,i let him hang on....so i guess this brings up a question ,when do you know its "that time",because i'm telling you, he sure looked more than half dead at times:question:

Back