Why are fish Stupid!

It's hard to explain. You just do. I've only had to put down a fish twice, and both times I was certain there was zero chance of recovery. Like laying on their side on the bottom, ripped to shreds, breathing heavily...

I think its a good time when they start doing the "Kickin Chickin"

An expensive fish tho I might def give them more of a chance for sure.

I can clearly see where the hermits have been picking at him and there was a point last week i figured i'd just leave him for the hermits(i'm telling you this guy looked an hour away from death),but today he bolted out and took the shrimp and just now ate seconds...:D....

I have had many fish that looked like they were on their last fin that ended up pulling through, so that is why I leave them. Often times the will to live is stronger than the grim reaper. The only fish I have put down are ones which I considered were evil in some way or other.

Sometimes this is the only way.

Crispy%20Southern%20Fish%20Fri.ashx

I just went through a similar thing with my fairy wrasse...His left eye was blown up like popeye. He went into hiding..I actually told my wife that he was dead becasue I didn't think he'd make it through the night...It's been about a week now, you'd never even know he had an issue and is back to his normal self.

The ONLY reason I didn't scoop him out and dispose of him is because I couldn't get to his hiding place in the rock.

Here's to being cautious. Glad everything worked out for your angler.

Back